| Akane readies her Kunoichi weapons.|
[Scan from www.shiningforcecentral.com, used by permission.]
|Class||Kunoichi -> Chief Kunoichi|
|Birthplace||Far East Village, Enrich|
|Relatives|| Rodi, brother|
Lord of Far East Village, father
|Appearances||Shining the Holy Ark|
Akane is a skilled kunoichi (female ninja) from Far East Village who is enamored of Panzer. To save him from himself, she becomes involved in the fight to stop the revival of the Thousand-Year Kingdom in the game Shining the Holy Ark, where she is a playable Ninja.
Born in Far East Village, and being the daughter of the village's lord at that, Akane was trained in the art of ninjitsu since she could walk. According to the Japanese Shining the Holy Ark manual, "she can use a multitude of ninjitsu techniques, in no way inferior to her older brother [Rodi]."
The Vandal Panzer was adopted into her family when she was young, and Akane became very close to him. She continued to stand by him even when his Vandal blood caused him to begin lashing out at his family and neighbors, and was heartbroken when he left the village to become a rogue ninja.
While the three bearers of the Innovator spirits went to find the Sacred Sword, Akane's father sent her on a mission to see if they could still reach the throne room through the underground waterways. Akane returned from her mission to find that Panzer had betrayed them and joined Rilix, and asked to join the bearers of the spirits in order to stop him.
Though ninjas use different names for their magics, Akane's spell selection is largely identical to Melody's, with the only differences being that she learns the hit-or-miss Soul Steal(referred to as "Spiritual") instead of the powerful Elemental, and the common Barrier(referred to as "God's Wind") instead of the valuable Melody-exclusive spell Restore. Moreover, she learns most of her spells much more slowly than Melody and has less MP.
However, Akane retains several important advantages. For one, she actually learns Aura(referred to as "Praying") far more quickly than either Melody or Lisa. This spell is extremely valuable in boss fights, where the party will be routinely hit with attacks that damage all characters at once. Moreover, Akane has the highest Speed of any playable character in the game, essentially guaranteeing that she will always be the first to move each round, allowing her to save injured characters before the enemy can strike again. These two factors make her arguably the most useful healer for the final third of the game. It's probably best to save her MP for casting Aura, leaving buffing spells and single-character healing to Melody, Lisa, and healing items. Keep Akane herself well-stocked on healing items, as her high Speed allows her to use them most effectively.
Akane's Attack is higher than Melody and Forte's but considerably lower than everyone else's. However, she often unleashes specials which afflict status effects on the enemy, so don't presume that her only use is as a healer. If you are lucky enough to find the rare Kusanagi, she'll have a chance of killing an enemy in one hit.
Powers & MagicEdit
Akane learns the following spells:
- Level 1 - already learned
- Level 2 - already learned
- Level 3 - acquires at level 5 promoted or at level 26 unpromoted
- Level 4 - acquires at level 13 promoted or at level 36 unpromoted
- Level 1 - already learned
- Level 2 - already learned
- Level 3 - acquires at level 18
- Level 4 - acquires at level 7 promoted or at level 29 unpromoted
- Level 1 - acquires at level 9
- Level 2 - acquires at level 16
- Level 1 - acquires at level 8 promoted or at level 30 unpromoted
- Level 2 - acquires at level 16 promoted
- Level 1 - acquires at level 15 promoted
- Level 2 - acquires at level 24 promoted
- Level 1 - acquires at level 21 promoted
- Level 2 - acquires at level 27 promoted
- Level 1 - acquires at level 3 promoted
- Level 2 - acquires at level 9 promoted
- Level 3 - acquires at level 14 promoted
- Level 4 - acquires at level 19 promoted
Level 1 - acquires at level 11 promoted or at level 34 unpromoted
Level 2 - acquires at level 18 promoted
Special Attack SkillsEdit
Akane learns the following special attack skills:
- Disruptive Shuriken - x 1.25 damage
- Shadow Stitching - x 1.25 damage (lowers enemy's speed)
- Mist Slash - x 1.75 damage
- Butterfly Dance - x 1.5 damage (enemy is inflicted with sleep status)
- Blue Dragon - x 2 damage
- Trinity Dragon - x 2.25 damage
- Annihilation - Instant Death (equipped with Kusanagi)
- In the lord's house
- Amuro: "[Panzer] is misjudged by people just because he accepts his situation and he is courageous. Akane understands this and waits for Panzer. She shares his grief. Poor Akane..."
- Akane: "I can't let you do that!" (Akane appears and Panzer stops his attack.)
- Panzer: "Akane..."
- Akane: "Panzer..."
- Panzer: "I thought you left the village on a secret mission..."
- Akane: "Why, Panzer, why? I can't believe that you sided with the Vandals and are doing this... I just can't."
- Panzer: "My eyes were finally opened... I realized that... there was a path I had to follow. I can't go back now."
- Akane: "If you are my father's enemy, then you are now my enemy too. I'll be your first opponent."
- In the town of Enrich
- (Akane is standing against a door alone crying and Arthur walks by. Startled, she turns around to clean her face off.) Akane: "Oh, it's you... How embarrassing... I didn't want you to see me like this... I'm sorry... I'm fine now. You came to bring me back to the others, didn't you? Thank you. Let me tell you something. My name is an Asian name. I don?t know why, but my dad named me that."
- (Akane turns around again to clean her face.)
- Akane: "You know, with Panzer's end being so... so... I don't feel like celebrating right now. So could you let me be alone for a while, please?"