|Anri in Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon|
|Class||Mage -> Wizard|
|Relatives||King Guardiana, father|
|Appearances|| Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention|
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon
Shining Force Gaiden
Shining Force CD
Anri is the princess and later queen of Guardiana. She is a playable Mage in the game Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention and its remake Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, and a major non-playable character in the games Shining Force Gaiden and Shining Force CD.
Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention and Resurrection of the Dark DragonEdit
Anri is the princess of Guardiana. Because she has a strong talent for magic, which is rare among the people of Guardiana, she went to Manarina to study at the Arcane College. She was studying there when Max came with the tragic news that her father, the King of Guardiana, had been killed in an attack by Runefaust. She went off to grieve but Max went to her to remind her of her duty to Guardiana. She told him that her duty was to hunt down Kane and make him pay for what he did, and that she was sure that is what her father would have wanted her to do.
A Shining Force I world book implies that Anri has at least one younger sibling, but nothing is known of them.
Shining Force GaidenEdit
Anri became Queen of Guardiana (mistranslated as "Gardiana" in Shining Force CD) after Darksol's defeat. It is unknown if she has chosen a King or has any children.
According to a Shining Force I world book, "Because she will inherit the throne someday soon, she has a stout heart and a cool head. She never allows herself to be swept away by emotion, and she comes to take a position alongside the hero as a leader of the Shining Force." This coolheadedness has obviously remained into her reign as queen, and aside from her father's death, Anri has never been visibly distraught or at a loss in any situation.
Though obviously intelligent, Anri tends to be too trusting for her own good, a trait that seems to be common among the people of Guardiana, but which is especially pronounced in her. Even after Woldol and his enforcers bully their way into an audience with her, she readily accepts an unidentified gift from him. On one occasion she even willingly submitted to a "phony" kidnapping at Gyan's request.
Anri joins the Shining Force at Level 3. It is important to level her up as fast as possible to gain the bolt ability which can be used to take care of a large amount of enemies at one use. Anri has 5 movement and she will always be left behind the group if you use offensive tactics. Due to the her powerful offensive spells and her magic resistance (which allows her to receive only half the damage from magic), it takes a toll on her low HP and Def. If you improve her health and defense slightly and use Narsha's step ability on her, she maybe staying in your party much much longer.
Anri can use the following spells:
- Level 1 - already learned
- Level 2 - acquires at Level 8
- Level 1 - acquires at level 19
- Level 2 - acquires at Level 26
- Level 1 - acquires at level 5
- Level 2 - acquires at Level 13
- Level 3 - acquires at level 16
- Level 4 - acquires at Level 23
- Level 1 - acquires at Level 10
Dialog Icons and SpritesEdit
|The Legacy of Great Intention|
|Resurrection of the Dark Dragon|
- At Headquarters: "Max, thank you for your efforts. I, too, shall try my best."
- After Anri joins the Shining Force: "Vengeance shall be ours!"
- At headquarters, not in active party: "Max! This constant gossiping is getting to me! Get me out of here!"
- After Woldol's defeat:
- Anri: "Thank you all! Gardiana is grateful for your bravery. And Nick has sacrificed his right arm for victory."
- Lowe: "Your Majesty, Cypress plans to send soldiers into the depths of the Continent."
- Anri: "Then I will send Gardiana's best warriors to help them!"
- Anri can be equipped with the Kitsui Fuku (Daring Dress). What Princess wouldn't want to be without a bright green mini-dress for battling Runefaust?
- ↑ Translation by O'Neill of the Shining Force Central forums