A Cypress pampa at night.
|Location||Sizable mainland and several neighboring islands|
Cypress is a kingdom in the original Shining universe. It is seen in the games Shining Force Gaiden, Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya, and Shining Force CD, and its affairs play a central role in the storyline of all three games.
Before Shining Force GaidenEdit
The earliest known ruler of Cypress is Nick's unnamed father, though it is implied that the nation's history goes back at least a century before he ascended the throne. A powerful weapon whose origin is not explained in the games, the Sword of Hajya, can only be wielded by members of the Cypress royal family. Because the sword is the only thing which can defeat the power of the god Iom, the Iom worshiper Woldol worked his way into the position of ambassador and used that position to assassinate the king and crown his brother Edmond as a puppet ruler. With this accomplish, Woldol began using Cypress as a hub to spread the worship of Iom around the world.
- Castle - The unnamed capital of the nation, also referred to as "the palace". The castle is very military-oriented; Nick musters his army for the invasion of Iom there, and the castle layout is defined by five defensive layers. First, the keep itself is multi-tiered, marked by numerous turrets, and constructed of solid stone walls. Next there is an inner moat, then an outer wall which can be manned by archers, both of which are surrounded by an outer moat. Finally, the castle itself is surrounded by cliffs on almost every side, making it almost impossible for an enemy army to approach from more than one direction.
- Asreet Island - A large island marked by many mountainous regions and thick forests
- Gundoll Fort - An important fortress whose opulent and luxurious interior contrasts with the strong defensive design of its exterior
- Thames Village - A small village not far from the Cypress capital
- Albert Cliffs
Things to attackEdit
- Emild, Cypress's closest neighbor