|Centaur Knight Mae|
|Faction||Guardiana, Shining Force|
|Relatives||Varios, father (deceased)|
|Appearances|| Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention|
Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon
Mae is the only daughter of the great warrior Varios, the head knight at the Guardiana castle. Mae has trained under him probably since she was born. There is no mention of her mother or any other relatives. After her father is killed by Kane of Runefaust she joins Max to fight and get her revenge.
Mae is light-skinned with blond hair and blue eyes, her body is light grey and her tail is white. Her shield color is red and she wears a red headband.
Mae has a very hard exterior, possibly from the training from her father. We are not introduced to Mae until right before her father's murder so little is known about her personality before that event. She implies she was cold to Max before his death because his presence was a bother to her father.
Mae is the second knight to join and for most of the early game, she and Ken will make up the front-line fighting force. Early on, there is not much difference between her and Ken, though usually Mae ends up being the overall better of the two. Players who rely heavily on using the knights will find that Mae, Vankar, Earnest and Arthur make up their main front line.
She can compete with later knights, but is not as powerful as they are so late game. Usually, players will look to replace her with Vankar or Earnest. On rare occasions due to how the stats growth levels out, she may end up weaker then Ken. She therefore will end up as either the second or third weakest Knight.
Powers & MagicEdit
Mae can cast no spells and has no powers.
- When you first meet Mae: "Greetings, Max. I am Mae, daughter of Varios. The other knights feel that father has wasted his time on you, we shall see!"
- When King Guardiana dies: "Now is not the time for tears and grief. Alterone should be our next goal. Max! Let's go find that Key. I don't want to see any more of these tragedies."
- In Headquarters, in your party: "C'mon, Max, our vengeance cannot wait!"
- In Headquarters, not in party: "I'm just stretching. Need to keep in tiptop form, you know."
- Mae is the only playable female centaur character in the game.
- In Resurrection of the Dark Dragon, Mae implies that she was in love with Max if she is the character left to eulogize him after the Castle of the Ancients sinks.
- External link